Let our passion help guide your future!
VRP Institute, Inc. started with a vision from Anthony and Shanniska Howard to uplift youth through academic enrichment and community service; being active within the community as early as 2005 and was formally established as a certified 501(c)(3) organization on March 31, 2011. Both founders are graduates of Winston-Salem State University and have a shared desire to make a difference in the lives of our youth and young adults.
VRP serves youth from grades 6-12 and young adults age 18-23; keeping in consistent contact with students pursuing college careers. VRP has different programs to ensure that needs are met by its participants. The programs that VRP offers are the Think Tank Academy, Teen “CORE”, Trader$, Avant-Garde Educators, Take Flight, Parent Engagement Initiative, and Service Learning Leadership Academy. Each program is tailored to cater to the needs of the youth and young adults that come through VRP Institute. We hope to impact the success by positively changing or re-directing the focus of youth and young adults in the community.
VRP Institute, Inc. has successfully established a solid infrastructure and governance process; leading to the creation of realistic and actionable goals. VRP Institute, Inc. has established a consortium of four (4) for/nonprofit organizations, LEA’s, and support services that have supported this community independently for more than ten (10) years. The consortium has more than 15 years’ experience in school administration, teaching, educational programs, drop-out prevention, staff/parent leadership development, financial literacy, and working with fragile families on the national, state, and local level as well as CMS. This effort and leadership adds validity to our ability to meet and/or exceed our mission to develop 21st century leaders, provide in-school support and academic/financial enrichment programming, train teachers, and activate parent/community involvement. Our partners are specialist in supporting educational and economical disadvantaged schools that are Title I, SIG, and/or AYP deficient.
- VRP Institute, Inc. is a unique empowerment nonprofit organization that was established with a goal of developing project solutions by addressing community and school needs.
- VRP Institute, Inc. has a 96.8% success rate in positively changing the course of the lives of youth and young adults involved in our programs.
- Programs are offered that specifically address small business development and entrepreneur concepts, youth in need of educational tutoring/academic enrichment, resources for academic assistance inclusive of technological needs for school assignments, youth at risk and in trouble of withdrawing from school and community.
- We use 21st century concepts and job creation projects.
- We use an instructional model based on problem based learning and collaboration.
- We are passionate about our work of change and improvement with youth and young adults who in turn will make a positive impact in their communities and society.
- We believe the community in need must take the initiative and responsibility to solve its own issues and challenges given ample and appropriate resources to do so; thus we are interdependent.
Email us at: email@example.com for details and additional information